Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another night in Al Balad

Leslie and I went to Al Balad with my coworkers Steve and James. Steve provided yet another informative tour of the old town area again and took us to an awesome Moroccan food joint. Steve speaks the Moroccan dialect of Arabic and the guys who work there were so happy to see him and talk in their native dialect. That was cool to see the power of language. 

We had some laughs while on our walking tour, learned a lot and saw things most folks will never see. All in all, we had a great time.  

Leslie had me fitted and bought me a thobe with all the trimmings as a souvenir. I will put it on and have Les take a picture to post. I can't wear it anywhere else here. It would be considered rude. But it does look pretty cool.

On the way back to the car, we came across the truck in the following picture. I have to say, never saw a Wingle before. Google tells me that it's a Chinese brand built by the Great Wall car company in China. Have you driven your Wingle today?

Wingle Man
Needless to say, the Wingle jokes were flying on the way home to the point of laughter to tears. Good times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment