Friday, May 25, 2012

Another nice weekend

Bowling is not my sport. Nuff said.

Les' mom is doing fine. Shirley was in for some surgery yesterday and things went quite well and she will be back home in a couple days. Thanks to all the family members who stepped up and helped out. Kudos and thanks to you guys!

Went for a nice walk along the Corniche with Leslie this morning. Got some espresso at one of our favorite coffee stands. Nice stroll along the Red Sea before the temps soared for the day.

After the stroll, we took a nice driving tour North and South along the Corniche. Great morning drive. Friday's are the nicest time to be out and about. It's like an early Sunday morning in the States. No one is out.

Now for a lazy day of reading, napping, etc. Back to work tomorrow. Time is marching forward nicely. Looking forward to being home again, but not looking too far ahead. One day at a time.

Until I came here, I never considered anywhere to be my permanent home. I always considered myself somewhat semi-transient and willing to move every few years. Now? Not so much. Minnesota has gotten under my skin and seems more like home than anywhere I have ever lived. Go figure. Sometimes you have to go away to appreciate where you are.
 
"God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny." 
  
  Garrison Keillor

No comments:

Post a Comment