Thursday, May 17, 2012

Three months this week...

Well, I am officially through my trial period and so begins the remainder of our two year commitment. I had one really rough day this week, but it turned out to be a good thing. It was a cathartic moment for me. I more or less went volcanic over nothing while at work. Not cool... but it is what it is. While here, you need to have and maintain perspective. When something happens, you have to ask yourself if it could happen in the States as well. Invariably, the answer is yes, and thus you have your perspective. Make no mistake... living here is unique, and it is NOT home, but it is by and large pleasant and not a hard life by any stretch. It's actually quite nice with a positive attitude, a sense of humor and a little creativity.

That said, I am looking forward to being done with my contract, with maybe a small extension at the end if possible, and that is currently our goal. We are looking forward to vacations and business trips to the States, but trying to enjoy things here too. Not looking too far ahead, not looking too far behind, but trying to take things one day at a time. We feel very blessed.

We are thinking about organizing and taking some regional trips to see some of the sights in country and we are truly looking forward to that. Les and I are big on regional travel and that is one of many things we miss the most, the ability to explore an area at will. So we have things to look forward to and have plenty to do here. Les and I have taken to working out at the gym, swimming, and or running three times a week along with playing hockey one night a week. We are getting in even better shape and we are planning to run a 10K in October when we come home for vacation. We should be home for the entire month of October. That is cool. I am also coming back for training in August and will be coming home by myself for about a week after training. Looking forward to that too.

Well, more to come as we move through this process. I think I have said this before, but I am learning a lot about other cultures, other people and other places, but mostly about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment