Friday, March 30, 2012

Horse Shoes and BBQ

Well, once again, I could have been anywhere in the States but here I was, right here in Jeddah, playing in a horse shoe tourney. I threw some shoes today in a tourney against a group of Brits who live another compound near ours. Our compound and theirs have been holding this tourney for many years and the Brits had never won... until today. They had two really, really skilled players who played most of their matches and rarely lost any. No one had an answer to their skill and consistency. Well played indeed.

In spite of losing, we all had a good time. Les and I met a lot of interesting folks from Great Britain, Ireland, Scotland, Whales and other places. It was a great way to enjoy yet another beautiful and sunny afternoon in Jeddah. There was a BBQ poolside after the tourney where Les and I had dinner with the British team captain and their best player and his wife. Great people. Had some interesting conversation and learned a lot about the area. Stuffed ourselves on burgers, fries and yummy chocolate cake. These folks do know how to eat!!! 

I am tired. I will sleep good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment