Friday, December 9, 2011

It finally hit me last night just how much I will miss my Thursday night skate with the Old Timers in Rochester. They held a little going away party after our skate last night for Leslie and I with some food and drink. They had a cake made, which suffice it to say, was hilarious. We had a few laughs and I filled them in a little on what I will be doing... and I had to choke back a tear.

What a great group of guys... It really is an honor to skate with such a great group, and while we have all may have lost a step as far as the hockey is concerned, these guys more than make up for that with class, dignity, and caring...

I said it last night and I really meant it, they all taught me how to love the game again and because of that, I am playing some of the best hockey of my life at any level and these guys will truly be missed...

No comments:

Post a Comment