Thursday, December 8, 2011

Very good night of hockey

Played hockey in Kasson last night. What a F-A-S-T pace. Mostly former junior, college and minor pro players. I personally had a very good night. Went undefeated in three mini games and was even able to garner a shutout (1-0) in the last mini game. The "D" played well in front of me and minimized most second chance opportunities and by and large I was solid with the first saves. Not bad for a 50 year old goalie... Some of the best hockey I have been involved with in some time.

My ever loyal wife decided to come with me and watch from the frigid seating area. She says she really enjoyed watching and I believe that to be true. I did take some ribbing from a couple of the guys about her wearing her Detroit Red Wings jacket with matching gloves and toque. I said she only wears it to torture me because I am such a Habs fan.

As usual, my favorite part of the evening was the drive up and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment