Sunday, December 25, 2011

Thinking of the future with an eye towards the past. A double edge sword.

I was a part of two church services this weekend. I played drums with the worship team at the Christmas Eve service Saturday evening and at the Christmas day service Sunday morning. It struck me that though I believe that I am not particularly close to too many people at church, except for a select few, I will still miss being part of that group. But with that said, I am still excited about the opportunities to come. What a strange place to be. On the blade of a double edged sword.

I am not one who allows anyone too closely, too quickly. I do not trust easily or often. I am wary of being hurt, but maybe mostly of hurting. I keep people at a considerable distance, I am largely impatient, intolerant, direct and have extremely high expectations of myself and those around me.  Again, a strange place to be, on the blade of that double edged sword.

Though I am comfortable with who I am, I know there is considerable room for improvement. I am not unwilling to change, though it is more likely I am simply unwilling, maybe even incapable of even considering it.  Not sure if that makes sense to anyone else, but it does to me. Today.

Hey, I did not title this blog "random thoughts" for no reason...

Leslie is a saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment