Friday, January 13, 2012

Last day at Freescale...

Here is what I sent to my coworkers at Freescale.

All,
Today is my last day at Freescale and I am finding it a difficult task to sum up my Freescale career in one brief email.
So, hang in there with me as I ramble through this. This may not be so brief.
Apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently left off this list.
As many or most of you know, I am a former U.S. Marine.This is relevant, because in my opinion, there is no better place to be prepared for, and be trained to manage all the challenges that life offers. Once you have been through Marine boot camp, all the rest of life seems pretty easy. Since I left the Corps in 1981, much like the Corps, I have approached my career with a high level of dedication and service. 

I always placed my customer’s needs first and the company’s and many times my own needs second. In my nearly 17 year career at Freescale/Motorola, I have watched numerous business units come and go, start and fail. I have been a part of many successes and a few failures, some of them spectacular! But, as I tell my now married daughter, (man I am getting old) there’s a lesson in there somewhere and if you are not doing anything, then you are not learning anything…
I watched as Motorola Semiconductor evolved into Freescale Semiconductor and then was  spun off from Motorola. Every expectation from outside the company  was that this venture would fail. It did not.
I watched as Freescale went from a public to a private company and again every expectation from outside the company was that it would fail. And again, it did not.
And recently, I watched as Freescale went from a private to a public company and you guessed it, every expectation from outside the company was that it would fail again. And once again, it did not.
Freescale has taught me all about resilience, patience and steadfastness. I am proud to have  been an employee of this company for so long and It has taken a truly extraordinary and once in a lifetime opportunity to get me to leave.
I am proud to have worked with ZigBee/802.15.4 products since the very beginning. To Tom Balph, Mark Williams, Frank Latona, Ryan Kelly, Luis Briones, and many others no longer at Freescale, you guys were there, pretty much from the beginning. I wish you all the best moving forward and I want to add that it has been a true honor to work with all of you for nearly a decade as this product line was brought from its infancy to where it is today.
To all the rest, I wish you continued success at Freescale.
Good luck Molly.  
The team won the documentation lottery and is lucky to have you!
Warmest regards,
Tim Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment