Friday, January 20, 2012

Last night of hockey in Minnesota (for now)

Last night was my last night of hockey with the OTDHL in Rochester.
I sent the following note to the boys the morning after:


I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed playing hockey and
getting to know you guys. You will be missed. I was feeling
a bit down last night about it all...

However, this morning, by sheer chance, I got an email from
the Hockey GM in Jeddah. He sent an email to everyone
announcing that starting in February their hockey will be
changing for the better. They have their nets built, they
will have goalies and they will have consistent ice times
every month of the year except for mid winter, which is fine.

While this bit of news only took a little of the sting off
of our last skate together last night, it is good to know
that we will have someplace to play down there.

Again, stay in touch and I fully expect that we can slip
back into our goalie spots when we return!

Take care you knuckleheads!!!


It was bittersweet last night, but I am still excited about 
the prospects and adventures that lie ahead. 
I will indeed be posting some pictures the first time I hit
the ice in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Who would have thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment