Saturday, February 4, 2012

Heading home tomorrow. Amazing week in Colorado.

Well, I have been in Colorado over a week and what an amazing week it was. Leslie spent the week here and even though I was in training during the day, we had a great time in the evenings. We had something going on nearly every evening. Big fun. We saw a lot of old friends and had a lot of laughs. Colorado is still an awesome place to visit. The weather did not allow us to see some of our friends at the end of the week, but that was the only "down" thing that happened.

Training went well and I feel I can do the job, though I have a lot to learn in a short amount of time. It was good to work with Steve.  I will be sharing an office with Steve over in Saudi. He is a very mellow and very talented tech writer with tons of experience with the company and in Saudi. He will be a valuable resource and I am very fortunate to be in this position.

Took Leslie to the airport bus stop this morning and watched her board. It has been snowing here since Thursday and they have had record snow. The bus was the best option to get to the airport this morning. Let someone else drive. Besides, it was a really nice bus.

It is still snowing ever so slightly this morning. Not sure about the totals, but as of last night, Louisville, Colorado, where my hotel is, had over 14 inches of snow fall since it started snowing Thursday and there was at least another 4 or 5 inches of powder this morning when I took Leslie to the bus stop.

So on my last full day in Colorado, I have a couple errands to run, but other than that, I am hoping to just relax. I fly out at 6 AM Sunday morning so that means up and at it around 3 AM... Sleep is highly over rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment